now browsing by tag
Political Paradigm of Pragmatism from the Khmer Youth part 51
This part (51), Mr. Sophan Seng elaborated on good leaders who have always produced more leaders, not more followers. Theoretically, the concept broadens from family leadership, to community and nation leadership. Western philosophy as well as Cambodian philosophy exclusively boosts the importance of empowering youths and new members of community to be self-reliance and self-accountability. Khmer proverb says “young bamboo shoots are the backbone of future generations” is a testament of this basic human resource leadership.
Practically, at the juncture of Cambodia changes, political landscape has been inherited by hierarchy of upper power abused their own power boundary to advance for personal gains. Subsequently, the lower powers and bottom line citizens are tamed to be submissive and dependent. This type of leadership shall shrink this nation in the long term future.
To develop this nation for long term future sustainable growth, the attitude change is a must for all Cambodian citizens. But to achieve this mission pragmatically, we should consider the Khmer proverb “don’t bent the Srolao tree, don’t instruct the oldies”. So to change attitude of Cambodian people, we should begin with those children (kindergarten or grade 1).
This part, Mr. Sophan Seng, articulated on 10 rules that all leaders have practiced and succeeded it fundamentally.
1. Dana = sharing with the populace
2. Sila = maintaining good conduct
3. Pariccaka = working selflessly
4. Ajjava = working honestly
5. Matthava = deporting himself with gentleness and congeniality
6. Tapa = rejecting indulgence through austerity
7. Akkodha = adhering to reason, not anger
8. Avihimsa = bringing tranquility through non-violence
9. Khanti = overcoming difficulty and conflict with patience
10. Avirodhana = not doing that which strays from righteousness
This leadership skills commentated by Sophan Seng through cmnkhmer.org radio that those political parties especially CNRP should consider adopt it for their political policy and long term political platform. This is invaluable to listen, to adapt and to adopt.