now browsing by tag
Leadership indicators for the 21st Century
Table 2: Framework on transversal competencies to inform NQF Source:
UNESCO (2016). Assessment of Transversal Competencies: Policy and Practice in the Asia-Pacific Region.
Domains Examples of key skills, competencies, values and attitudes
- Critical and innovative thinking: Creativity, entrepreneurship, resourcefulness, application skills, reflective thinking, reasoned decision-making.
- Interpersonal skills: Communication skills, organizational skills, teamwork, collaboration,sociability, collegiality, empathy, compassion.
- Intrapersonal skills: Self-discipline, ability to learn independently, flexibility and adaptability, self-awareness, perseverance, self-motivation,compassion, integrity, self-respect.
- Global citizenship: Awareness, tolerance, openess, responsibility, respect for diversity, ethical understanding, intercultural understanding, ability to resolve conflicts, democratic participation, conflict resolution, respect for the environment, national identity, sense of belonging.
- Media and information literacy: Ability to obtain and analyse information through ICT, ability to critically evaluate information and media content, ethical use of ICT.
- Other (physical health,religious values): Appreciation of healthy lifestyle, respect for religious values
Read more details of this Publication by the UNESCO at SDG-NQF (Sustainable Development Goal-National Qualification Frameworks)