Commune Election 2012

now browsing by tag

Posted by: | Posted on: June 1, 2017



What is change in Cambodia?
Please, look at Cambodia Constitution especially in chapter 118 & 119.

Courtesy: Social Business News

Courtesy: Social Business News

Article 118:
The Council of Ministers is the Royal Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia. The Council of Ministers shall be led by one Prime Minister assisted by Deputy Prime Ministers, and by Senior Ministers, Ministers and Secretaries of State as members.

Article 119:
Upon the request of the President and with the agreement of both Vice-Presidents of the National Assembly, the King shall designate a dignitary among the Members of the National Assembly of the party holding the largest number of seats in the National Assembly to form the Royal Government. This dignitary and Members of the National Assembly and members of political parties represented in the National Assembly who are proposed for positions within the Royal Government present themselves to the National Assembly to ask for a vote of confidence.

After the National Assembly passes a vote of confidence in the proposed Royal Government, the King shall issue a Royal decree appointing the entire Council of Ministers. Before taking office, the Council of Ministers shall take the Oath of Allegiance stipulated in Annex 6.

Posted by: | Posted on: April 9, 2017

Political applicability and financial manageability of 5 points policy of CNRP

Political Paradigm of Pragmatism from the Khmer Youth part 101


5 Points of Policy from CNRP to campaign for vote for this Commune Election of June 4, 2017

This part (101), Mr. Sophan analysed on the standard of policy platform for political parties to campaign for vote. By describing the five points of CNRP, Mr. Sophan elaborated the exclusive applicability, financial manageability, and its merits and wills to implement them aiming to success.

The five points that are covering on all political aspects of good governance, respects of human rights, sustainable development and increasing family income, especially the strengthening of local government through allocating $500,000 US to each commune for its operational budget, all are seen critical.

Posted by: | Posted on: May 30, 2012

Facts about Commune Election 2012 in Cambodia 23 May 2012

Facts about Commune Election 2012 in Cambodia

23 May 2012

  • Date: Sunday, June 3, 2012; from 7:00am to 3:00pm. It is the third communal election since 2002
  • Eligible voters: 9,203,493 registered (Population: 14,2 million)
  • 1,633 communes (increased from 1,621 communes in 2007)
  • Female candidates increased by 4.29%: Cambodian People’s Party (CPP): 22.47%, Sam Rainsy Party (SRP): 20.75%, Norodom Ranaridh’s Party (NRP): 30.33%, Funcinpec (FCP): 30.68%
  • Cost: USD 19.5 million estimated; government would cover 76% and asks donors to support the rest (24%)
  • Election campaign: from 18.05. to 01.06.12. Each party has 12 minutes campaign time daily on television and radio, 2 six minutes spots per day: 6 minutes video spot and six minutes debates organized by National Democratic Institute (NDI).
  • Registration: 10 parties participated for 11,459 seats,
  1. CPP: candidates in all 1,633 communes (100%)
  2. SRP: candidates in 1,615 communes (99%)
  3. FCP: candidates in 1,413 communes (87%)
  4. HRP: 1,070 communes (66%)
  5. NRP: in 1,029 communes (63%)
  6. Khmer Nationality Party: 225 communes (14%)
  7. Democratic Alliances Party: 164 (10%)
  8. Khmer Anti-Poverty Party: 23 communes (1%)
  9. Republican Democratic Party: 9 communes (1%)
  10. Democratic Movement Party: 2 communes (0.1%)
  • 10.6 million Ballots printed
  • Observers from the (10) parties: 118,810 persons and 10,000 observers from 16 NGOs
  • Polling stations: 18,107
  • 180,000 staff members employed
  • Organized by the National Election Committee (NEC), dominated by the ruling party members.

For comparison:

Election results in 2002, 8 parties participated, only four gotCommune Council members (11,261 seats):

  1. CPP: 7,703
  2. FCP: 2,211
  3. SRP: 1,346
  4. Khmer Democratic Party: 1

Election results in 2007, 12 parties participated, only five got CC members (11,353 seats):

  1. CPP: 7,993
  2. SRP: 2,660
  3. NRP: 425
  4. FCP: 274
  5. Hang Dara Democratic Movement Party: 1

(Source: NEC, Phnom Penh Post, The Cambodia Daily, Reasmey Kampuchea Daily and Kampuchea Thmei Daily newspapers)